Idaho Fish Report
Boat Ramp Update on The McKenzie
by OR Department of Fish & Wildlife Staff
Was last stocked the week of August 23 with 2,000 legal-size rainbow trout.
Important reminder: When boating, treat this section of river like it is the first time you have been on it! Currently, there are still considerable fire-related cleanup efforts being conducted in this area.
Status of boat ramps in the upper McKenzie:
- Forest Glen Boat Ramp – Open.
- Finn Rock Boat Ramp – Open.
- Silver Creek – Open. TAKE OUT! Or you have to go through Martin Rapids.
- Rennie – Not open, but could pull out in an emergency.
- Marten Rapids class III rapids. Take out at Silver Creek.
- Helfrich Landing-Open.
All non-adipose fin-clipped trout must be released unharmed. Bait is allowed from Leaburg Dam to Forest Glen Boat Ramp from April 22 – Oct 31